CBL offers vehicle rentals to faculty, staff, students, interns and volunteers who are associated with UMCES and have completed the required vehicle use training. The vehicles are available on a first come, first serve basis and may be reserved through the reservation system found at MyCBL on the UMCES website.
Vehicle rental rates are $40 per day for sedans and $60 per day for trucks/vans. $.49 per mile is charged for all miles during each use. Vehicle rates are only available for full day. Vehicles are sent out with a full tank of gas and drivers are provided with a fuel card. Vehicles should be returned with a full tank of gas. Vehicles returned unfueled will be charged the fuel cost plus a $25 service fee. Vehicles may be picked up at the Facilities Department anytime M-F 7:00 am-4:30 pm. Vehicles returned after hours should be parked in the Facilities building lot and keys/fuel card deposited in the key return box.
Cancellations: Reservations can be cancelled by emailing Trish Stebbing. Please be aware that spring and summer are extremely busy. Please keep/reserve the vehicle for only as long as needed so that we can do our best to meet the needs of everyone.
Current List of CBL Rental Vehicles:
2013 Silverado SG28461
2017 Silverado 03079SG
2017 Caravan 02825SG
2017 Chevy Volt 02824SG (use of the Volt requires additional use training)
2017 Ford Focus 03095SG
(sub-category of Vehicles)
Vehicle Policies and Procedures
Driving Rules for UMCES Vehicles
- All drivers who operate University vehicles must comply with all policies, procedures, rules, and instructions governing the use of such vehicles.
- All drivers must possess a driver's license that is valid in the State of Maryland and have fewer than 6 points for moving violations.
- University vehicles may be driven only by authorized employees, students, and volunteers. Drivers must be at least 18 years old. University vehicles must be used exclusively for official University business. Personal use is prohibited.
- Passengers are limited to those persons whose presence is directly related to an official University trip and who are properly authorized to participate in a University function. Absolutely no children may be transported in state vehicles.
- It is the driver's responsibility to ensure the use of seat belts by all vehicle occupants.
- All traffic and parking laws are to be obeyed. All violation fines are the responsibility of the individual involved. State and University funds must not be used to pay for any type of fine. The driver is responsible for payment of the violation as well as any associated fees received from the issuing jurisdiction.
- All accidents are to be reported to the Police immediately. In addition, all accidents must be reported within 24 hours to the Associate Director of Facilities. All accidents must be reported even if another vehicle is not involved or there are no apparent injuries or damage. An accident report must be obtained from the Police having jurisdiction where the accident occurred.
- A monthly travel log must be maintained for each University vehicle. You must record the date/destination and vehicle mileage when the car is returned to campus.
- Drivers of University vehicles are personally responsible for vehicles operated by them. Should damage result through misuse or gross negligence, the driver may be required to make restitution to the University.
- All University vehicles are to be returned to campus with a full tank of gas. If a vehicle is returned not filled, your department will be charged double the fuel rate plus a transport fee.
- The use of a University fuel/service credit card is restricted to the specific vehicle or vehicles to which it is assigned.
- University vehicles may not be rented or loaned to outside groups, individuals, or organizations. Subject to availability, other campuses within the University System of Maryland may use University vehicles.
- Smoking is prohibited in USM vehicles.
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have received and reviewed the policy regarding the rules for drivers of UMCES vehicles. I am also aware that willful disregard of these rules will be considered just cause for disciplinary action.
____________________________________________ Date _____________
Printed Name of Employee
Signature of Employee